[haiku-development] Re: Alpha 5

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 09:50:11 +0200

Hi,

Am 17.09.2014 09:31, schrieb anders williamson:
Any reason we can't make an alpha 5? The current alpha is almost 2 years old
and the nightly builds are _much_ better than 4.1.

There used to be a few reasons. I know at least some of them have been resolved (very unstable WebKit, unsupported system updates), but I can't remember all reasons without digging through the last discussion(s) on the topic. I think one important reason with regards to the package creation infrastructure has not been resolved yet. But likely I am not up to date on everything.

Best regards,
-Stephan