[haiku-development] Re: Alpha 1 praises / vim gripes.

  • From: Caitlin Shaw <rogueeve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 17:53:46 -0700

> Um, vim is not analogous to MS-DOS Editor, in case that needed
> pointing out. (By the way, Windows is also no longer based on MS-DOS).

Of course not, I know it is much more capable; my analogies were all
very loose. I only compared it to MS-DOS Editor because from the
standpoint of a desktop user, they would serve approximately the same
purpose. For the record I have nothing against vim. I was only
commenting that this is a really great GUI OS, and we can come up with a
really great IDE for it. Given my perspective of vim as an "emergency"
editor, I was just surprised that so many people were concerned about
it. Of course I suppose that is not unexpected: people get attached to
their text editor, and you can claw mine out of my dead, cold, hands. :-)