[haiku-development] Re: Alpha 1 praises / vim gripes.

  • From: André Braga <meianoite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 21:37:47 -0300

2009/9/13 Caitlin Shaw <rogueeve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Oh no! Please don't rip it out;

Ripped out as in not part of the default install; it's still (going to
be) available as an optional package.

(And, I suspect, a quite prominent optional package, since so many
devs have the vi shortcuts engraved in their muscle memories...)

2009/9/13 Nicholas Otley <nicholasotley@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I would think 'nano' was the "lowest common denominator editor" rather
> than vim.

Precisely. And I believe it's only not been ripped from Mac OS X and
Ubuntu because Posix mandates vi to be present.

We don't aim for full Posix compliance, though :)

Cheers,
A.