[haiku-development] Re: Alpha 1 praises / vim gripes.

  • From: Caitlin Shaw <rogueeve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 17:12:49 -0700

> Sorry about vim, we were going to rip it out but didn't get to it.
> You can use Pe to see things in color or get the newer version of vim
> as you say.
> -scottmc

Oh no! Please don't rip it out; it's great for development, when you're
at the command line and just want to make a quick change to a file
without navigating all the way through to the same folder via the
Tracker. I think should be at least some form of console-based editor.
Plus, you know, all the other usual UNIX commands work, it kind of makes
sense that either vi or vim would be there. I love how I get most of the
power of the Linux CLI along with this beautiful, coherent, desktop.