[haiku-development] Re: All sorts of query/index problems on fresh installs of Haiku

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 16:21:31 +0100

Hi,

Am 05.03.2011 00:54, schrieb Axel Dörfler:
This has been disabled in our BFS as well, as it could considerably
slow down certain applications that query but don't care whether an
index already exists. Since Deskbar was one of those, it was quite
noticeable :-)
The feature now needs to be enabled deliberately using the
B_QUERY_NON_INDEXED query flag.

Oh, are you saying we could save the user one annoying irritation by enabling this in Tracker queries by default (or via a checkbox in the Find panel) via this simple flag? And it's been there all this time?

Best regards,
-Stephan