[haiku-development] Adding functions for compatibility purposes.

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 13:27:20 -0200

What is criteria for adding functions for compatibility purposes? I
know we usually add anything that is POSIX compliant but what about
things that are not POSIX but, say, 4.3BSD. More specifically, I am
thinking about:

 pid_t wait3(int *status, int options,
                   struct rusage *rusage);

and

pid_t wait4(pid_t pid, int *status, int options,
                   struct rusage *rusage);

Note these these 2 are trivial enough that I could simply create a
Haiku specific implementation inside the src tree of the project I am
porting but I am wondering if it could be more generally useful as
part of the system (I have no idea about how often those two are used
in general).

-Bruno