[haiku-development] Re: Adding folder to permanent lib path search

CarozoDeQuilmes wrote:
> I need add and/or remove dynamically <myLibraryPath> from my program
> (because my program is an IDE and needs to help users to build and run their
> applications)

If I understand you correctly, you want to set up the library path for the
application you start from your IDE. A much cleaner solution than to mess with
the global scripts and paths is to set up LIBRARY_PATH just for the application
you start. load_image() has an "environ" argument which you can prepare as you
need it. If you use fork() and exec*(), there are exec*() versions which take
such an environment pointer as well.

CU, Ingo

PS: BTW, topics like this which are not related to the development of the
operating system itself are better suited for the third party development list

[1] http://www.haiku-os.org/community/ml