[haiku-development] Re: Adding folder to permanent lib path search

  • From: CarozoDeQuilmes <carozodequilmes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 18:51:13 -0300

Hi Urias, the user settings work very fine:

I rename
UserSetupEnvironment.sample<http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/data/config/boot/UserSetupEnvironment.sample>
as
UserSetupEnvironment<http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/data/config/boot/UserSetupEnvironment.sample>

and add the followin line:

export LIBRARY_PATH=$LIBRARY_PATH:<myLibraryPath>

but... (always has a but)

this method needs a reboot (is possible activate it dynamically?)

I need add and/or remove dynamically <myLibraryPath> from my program
(because my program is an IDE and needs to help users to build and run their
applications)

Only for information: In linux, my program (called marinas) make a file
called marinas.conf with a line with folder name containing shared libraries
and then execute ldconfig.
For remove, delete marinas.conf and run ldconfig again

In windows, my program add or remove folder with shared libraries to/from
system path

and in haiku ????

Sorry by my poor english !!!

Regards