[haiku-development] Adding RepliShow as demo?

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 19:50:29 +0200

Hi there!

You know the (I think) old BeNewsletter "RepliShow", at
http://www.haiku-os.org/documents/dev/replishow_a_replicable_image_viewer
?

I took the source, made it Haiku code guide compliant (I hope), added
support for transparent images, localisation and a tool tip for
instructions. Now my question: would you consider it a good addition as
demo or would you like to see it rather separately on e.g. Haikuware?

Here's one application of the app I could see for official Haiku
images:
The Haiku logo could be a replicant of "HAIKU logo - white on
transparent - big.png" enabling us to use non-solid backgrounds, e.g. a
"Scaled to fit" dark-to-light-blue gradient bitmap. Users could also
use ther own backgrounds and still have our logo visible until they
remove the replicant.
(One little draw-back: How to place the replicant without dragging the
replicant handle and how to exactly position it? Can it be moved via
(hey?) script?)

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de