[haiku-development] Re: Adding RDEFs to non-binary files

  • From: Sean <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 02:56:52 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I'm trying to create a "javah" command that behaves like the "javaw" command on
Windows, so that when a user double-clicks a .jar file it launches. I've
created a shell script that does the job pretty well, and a RDEF to go with it.

However, how do I add the attributes from the RDEF to the shell script? Xres
corrups the file (obviously). I can copy a preexisting binary file (e.g. cp),
xres the compiled RDEF onto it, and then "copyattr" to the shell script, but
that's more a hack than a real solution...

Is it plausible to package the binarys so the package manager can place the
binarys and rdef correctly ? basically invisble to the user, double click,
pakage manager install and it just goes into the normal deskbar menu etc ?

I think if you can make java apps double click to install and run, that is
really making the java port much more accesable for non power users. That would
be a good thing

Sean