[haiku-development] Re: Adding Gutenprint to AboutSystem application

Hi,

Am 01.11.2010 13:53, schrieb Michael Pfeiffer:
Am 01.11.2010 um 13:49 schrieb Stephan Aßmus:
Am 01.11.2010 13:46, schrieb Michael Pfeiffer:
I intend to add the following text to the AboutSystem application:

==8<====
Gutenprint
Copyright 1999 - 2010 by Gutenprint authors. See GUTENPRINT_AUTHORS file for
details. All rights reserved.
License: GNU GPL v2 or above
http://gutenprint.sourceforge.net
==8<====

Where should I put the GUTENPRINT_AUTHORS file in the image and what should be
its file name?

I think you should directly add the main author(s) with an "et al" extension.

I asked on the Gutenprint development mailing list and they prefer it this way rather the
"et al" variant.

I guess that's what you get for asking. Is this actually required by their license? In any case, you could probably add the file to the same place where the licenses are added (because it fits there based on purpose?) and make the word "GUTENPRINT_AUTHORS" clickable in AboutSystem. Another solution might be to add a variant of the GPL with the explicit Gutenprint authors in the header section.

Best regards,
-Stephan