[haiku-development] Re: Added nasm target to Jam

  • From: Christian Packmann <Christian.Packmann@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 14:03:44 +0200

Axel Dörfler - 2009-03-30 12:26 :
I think having nasm (or yasm) as an additional build tool requirement is pretty much unavoidable for many good things nowadays. Of course, it would still be nice if we had a $(NASM_ONLY) guard that would lift the requirement and make it an option with a warning during configure.

Er... I'd forgotten to mention this in the other threads, but my assembler code for app_server is written in yasm, as it uses SSE2/SSSE3. GCC2 doesn't support the newer SSE extensions in inline assembly, and I think that the GNU assembler in the Haiku/GCC2 build doesn't either, judging from "as -v", compared to the help output from GAS on Cygwin - this gives architecture/extension flags missing in the Haiku GAS.

So this doesn't leave much of a choice if "modern" assembly code is used in Haiku AFAICS.

Christian