[haiku-development] Re: Access Control Lists

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 16:45:07 +0200

2010/4/8 Daniel Dean <dhdean@xxxxxxxxx>

> This may sound like a naive question but is there any interest in
> optimizing Haiku as a single-user system?  Is there any advantage to
> single-user other than permissions irreverance?

It seems most laptop around me are single-user machines, but I doubt that's
the majority of computers out there. The reason for Haiku being single user
is
a) it's simpler
b) it's compatible with beos

Switching to multiuser will be a lot of work, break a lot of things, and
shake quite much the system architecture. That's why it is postponed to
Haiku R2.

--
Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy
http://pulkomandy.ath.cx