[haiku-development] Re: About System

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 11:51:27 -0700

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 4:43 AM, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Ingo Weinhold wrote:
>> I would simply split the developers group into three sections: "current
>> maintainers" (everyone with commit access who's not is the second group),
>> "past maintainers" (everyone who has or had commit access, but hasn't
>> been active for x months/y years (or since the previous release)), "code
>> contributors" (people who sent patches). An analogous grouping could be
>> done for the non-development-related contributors. All groups would be
>> ordered alphabetically by last name (as it was).
>
> When trying to implement this, I found it is too complicated. The absolute
> majority of contributions are direct or indirect patches (indirect for
> example when someones codes was integrated by some maintainer). Very few
> people have contributed in other ways (like many bug reports or creating
> icons). Therefor I found the following to work quite well:
>
> Current Maintainers:
>
> Past Maintainers:
>
> Website, Marketing & Documentation:
>
> Contributors:

> help the project. What do you guys think about a separate "QA" list? Any
> other input?
>
> Best regards,
> -Stephan

For me, i'm ok with just the 4 you listed.  Being listed as a
contributor is fine with me at this point.
And to keep it simple, no extra hidden levels, just the simple scroll
bar we all know and most of us love.
If/when we get Coverity going, maybe they should be listed in the
credits somewhere as well, not sure where they'd fit in, maybe Urias
would know.
-scottmc