[haiku-development] Re: AW: Re: What's the status of Haiku?

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 17:37:31 -0700

On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 12:05:46AM +0200, Fran?ois Revol wrote:
> On 29/08/2014 23:14, pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > I'm fairly sure that my past week's task of getting a fixed soundfont into
> > the system is
> > of absolutely no importance to anyone.  (Does anyone ever use MidiPlayer?)
> >   All the uphill
> > climbing to evolve a recipe, and *then* get someone to commit it just
> > doesn't inspire any
> > sense of 'fun' (:-/)  Especially as in this case a recipe is pretty much
> > overkill.  It can't 'patch'
> > the original faulty file, so all that's important is the package itself.
>
> You didn't mention the file requiring a patch, what exactly needs patching ?
>
> Is there a source file for it ?

Sorry -- trying to be too brief.  What I meant was that there is no way (that I
know of)
to 'patch' the original soundfont to produce the corrected version.  I did the
fixes with
"SWAMI" on an older Linux machine (which is currently unavailable), so there is
just the
fixed file.  As I understand it, the recipe has to point to that file stored
somewhere, and
I don't even really know where a good place for that would be.

My thesis is that in this case the recipe doesn't add anything (except
complexity)
because the soundfont is highly unlikely to be updated again -- and if it was,
you'd
just have to write a new recipe again to locate the new file.

        -- Pete --

BTW -- Thanks for getting pc_serial working!  Is it ready for use?  Can I tell
the guys
who want it it's ready?