[haiku-development] Re: AW: Re: What's the status of Haiku?

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 17:19:32 +0200

On 29/08/2014 17:08, James Leone wrote:
> I started working on figuring out what patches Ive used last night.
>
> Its true Windows doesn't have a /usr directory. I've just learned what an
> ifdef statement is. I gather you all know what that is.

Again, just look at the recipe I wrote for xcb_proto:
http://bb.haikuports.org/haikuports/src/0eef6b411687d440379ed5506af0a62c8c3592fa/x11-proto/xcb_proto/xcb_proto-1.6.recipe?at=master

Works fine without /usr.

> Im going to try to get what I've done properly patched up as well as I can.
> I am going to reread what has been suggested below. I admit my newness to
> all this is an issue in part. However, the workload challenge seems
> formidable at this stage and having to do enterprise /commercial class
> packaging is psychologically daunting.

The plan is to have build bots generating and uploading packages
automatically, some of us are working on it now that we have some more
build machines...

For now it is still a manual process and requires people with push
access to the main repo to add them manually.

> Its technically possible to build a staircase to the moon. No single step
> is difficult. But the overall task burden results in a practical
> impossibity.

Let's build nanotubes!

François.