[haiku-development] AW: Re: AW: Re: Security

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 15:38:10 +0200

Augustin wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 4:37 AM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > And since we're using (with the exception of ffmpeg) up to date open source
> > libraries, I think there should not
> > be much of a problem using Haiku on a network (compared to other systems).
> FFmpeg 0.10.14 is the latest in the 0.10 line and it's the one we're using.
> I'm not aware of any security holes in that version.

The current version is 2.3.3; while we're using the latest version of the 0.10
line, and it still seems to be maintained, it's not really what I would call up
to date -- even though you're right that this probably does not impose any
security issues (I know, this was the context of where I wrote that).

Bye,
   Axel.