[haiku-development] Re: ATI Video Driver

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 13:11:05 -0700

On 6/22/07, Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Now that the S3 Savage video driver is complete except for possible future
bug fixes, I'm considering implementing a video driver which will support
all the ATI Rage 128 and Rage 128 Pro chips.  In addition, if it does not
require too much additional work, it will also support all the ATI Mach64
chips which are slightly older than the Rage 128 chips.

I have one machine (recently given to me) with a ATI Rage IIC chip in
it - would that fall into this category?

It's just an old HP Pavilion 4450 with a Celeron 366mhz or something
like that - but certainly a usable machine for someone who doesn't
need much. Right now I just have it sitting around doing nothing but
crunching some small distributed computing units.

- Urias