[haiku-development] Re: ARM port status and info

  • From: Michael Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 14:45:46 -0800

> Basically, the Arm Verdex was targeted as Qemu supports it. But, the
> Arm Overo (Water iirc) + Tobi expansion board are being targeted as
> real-hardware.

I'm planning on buying an Overo Fire COM from Gumstix in March:

   http://www.gumstix.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=227

At that point I should be able to contribute some real work to the ARM port.

In the nearer term, I'm going to play around with QEMU's ARM support
on my Fedora box.

What do I need to do to build Haiku for ARM, and then to boot it under
QEMU?  I could take a stab at it this weekend.

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
mdcrawford at gmail dot com