[haiku-development] Re: ARM port status and info

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 07:42, Michael Zucchi <notzed@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Now that the build tools are building on ARM - *yay* - i've been poking
> around with Haiku on a BeagleBoard.

I noticed on your blog[0], you mentioned a fix for ARM "Managed to get
it to build (with a small fix for a renamed type)".  At least on
FreeBSD, arch_vm_translation_map.cpp fails to build as
'vm_translation_map' isn't defined.  Would you care to submit a patch
for this at dev.haiku-os.org?

> Anyway, to cut a long story short I have it booting up until "user_menu:
> enter" but then it crashes (no stdout i presume).

Congrats

> I'm wondering what the status is of the ARM code at the moment (it looks
> pretty rough, at best), if anybody is actively working on it, and where
> things are headed.
>
> And any hints on where things need work to advance or stabilise the current
> state of the port?

Basically, the Arm Verdex was targeted as Qemu supports it. But, the
Arm Overo (Water iirc) + Tobi expansion board are being targeted as
real-hardware.

Hopefully François or Johannes can comment more, as they've worked on the port.

Cheers
mmadia

[0] : http://a-hackers-craic.blogspot.com/