[haiku-development] Re: AMD Geode nano-size motherboard

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 15:16:51 -0400

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 2:56 PM, scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Stippi, that did it.  Here's a screenshot of Haiku running on
> an AMD Geode based nano-sized board, with NO HDD!  It now boots off of
> the compact flash card.  My next step is to move Haiku over to a IDE
> flash drive and remove the compact flash card.
> http://bedrivers.com/screen3.png

Nice! Wow the new ActivityMonitor is awesome, I had not even seen it
yet. Nice job Axel, as usual! :)

I don't know much about the Geode, but I assume it is low power and
doesn't need much for heat, right? Maybe it is even fanless? I think
Haiku is ideal for a low-power fanless PC.

Now we just need to get Haiku going on an EeePC. One of us just needs
to get a hold of one.

Ryan