[haiku-development] Re: *ALMOST* compiled Haiku within itself.

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 08:40:45 -0300

Rene Gollent wrote:
 Anyway, Attached you will find a screenshot showing that. You will also see the
 bug in displaying memory usage introduced by Rene. ;)

I added some tracing to try and troubleshoot that....based off what
that's saying, the VM is lying to me. sAvailableMemory is giving me
numbers that are greater than the actual amount of RAM in the system,
hence the negative free mem value, since system_info actually returns
used pages, which is calculated as the difference between total pages
and available, which will be negative in this particular case? Anyone
have thoughts on what's going on there? Does it have to do with
overcommits perchance?

Maybe it is a good idea to revert that change until this is sorted up?

-Bruno