[haiku-development] Re: A Quick Question

  • From: Gabriele Biffi <mlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 20:57:32 +0200

Christopher Dobbs wrote:
The product, which allows you to create an application in C/C++ and run it on any of the supported platforms, did not seem to be received very well.

Sounds interesting to me :-)

As I understand it, this is because of the fat that the GUI interface is being kept generic, only the features that exist on all of the supported platforms, or can easily be emulated, are being implemented.

If this means you're going to bring to Windows, Mac and Linux a GUI implemented like it is in Haiku (messages, loopers, views, multithreading, etc), then I'm more than interested :-)

If having something like this, that would allow you to distribute your application in a binary form, on multiple operating systems and hardware platforms would be of interest, please respond, either off-list, or on.

"In a binary form" means a single binary that works on all platforms? Now _that_ would be cool :-)

Regards,

Gabriele