[haiku-development] Re: 64 bit

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 22:00:55 +0200

Am 11.09.2014 21:37, schrieb Ryan Leavengood:
On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 11:36 AM, Sean Healy <jalopeura@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In any case, if that time ever comes, I would hope that we would simply
restrict posting to authorized users, and not fully close it.

We do not need to restrict this list. It is easy enough for people to
ignore the discussions that they choose to, at least in a good
threading email reader. Haiku will never move forward if we only allow
opinions and discussions from existing people. Many times new ideas
from new people are what helps change something for the better.

Haiku needs to be open to new people because clearly the current crowd
does not have the resources to move the project at a pace we would
like.

+1. I think the creation of the haiku-glasselevator list was premature. Also, I think the people developing Haiku and the people interested in discussing the future of the project need to be the same people. If I were an outsider and wanted to present my thoughts, it would be lame to only reach a small subset of the developers.

Best regards,
-Stephan