[haiku-development] Re: 64 bit

  • From: "Mark A Hayes" <markarnold@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 15:13:35 +0200

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 at 2:56 PM, pulkomandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I see no use in users, or 3rd-party developers coming from outside the
> project, to just tell us "you are doing it wrong".

Outside the project? I wanted to be inside the project, contribute in various
capacities.

But it's futile as you seem to have predetermined that any viewpoint different
than yours must be wrong. Your approach will surely succeed in keeping the
project small though :)

> People can disagree, but for that to be useful they must take
> the time to explain why they think we do things wrong

I believe I made an honest effort in explaining my position. Did you put any
effort into trying to understand that position?

> I don't understand why users are so concerned about them.

Some users are developers.

I was serisouly thinking about porting our video processing library to Haiku,
but given this arrogance towards input I lost interest some time ago.

Signing off,
m.a