[haiku-development] Re: 64 bit

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 11:03:37 +0200

On 12.09.2014 22:58, Eftimios Georgiadis wrote:
     > But sometimes having to argue ones position tends to renew passions.

    And sometimes, it causes people to become demotivated and go find a
    better way to spen
    I have heard quite a few developers mention privately that they are
    considering unsubscribing to this list because they are sick of the
    stupid. At what point does that do more harm than good?

In that case they are free to unsubscribe...

You obviously don't get it. This is the *developer* list. This is the list on which we discuss the current development of Haiku. This is the list where votes are held. Suggesting that the contributors leave the list when non-contributors raise the noise level is simply absurd.

As a general hint to people sending one-liners to this list: This is not IRC. Before you click "Send", take a minute or two to think about whether 1. your post is on topic and 2. whether it contributes anything useful to the discussion.

Maybe it's indeed time for some kind of restriction.

CU, Ingo