[haiku-development] Re: 64 bit

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 13:20:16 -0700

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 1:03 PM, Sean <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I hope so, and the crew seems like robust, durable people who will
>> be able to handle plenty of criticism etc. Just seems like it might
>> be just tiresome to be forever revisiting the same defenses of the
>> project's direction, for each new master debater who comes along.

> I agree it can be tiresome, but these conversations are generally spares, as
> of late there have been more then a few.

Which as far as I can tell was not entirely a coincidence.

> But sometimes having to argue ones position tends to renew passions.

And sometimes, it causes people to become demotivated and go find a
better way to spend their free time.

I have heard quite a few developers mention privately that they are
considering unsubscribing to this list because they are sick of the
stupid. At what point does that do more harm than good?

- Urias