[haiku-development] Re: 3rd party applications localization support in post-hrev44041 times.

Siarzhuk Zharski wrote:
> I'm trying to fix localization support in makefile and Jamfile engines
> to let them work in actual Haiku revisions. The problem is that the way
> of strings collecting was changed in hrev44041. Currently it is required
> to include special version of Catalog.h during collecting phase. This
> special Catalog.h lives in private headers area and is not available for
> 3rd party applications. Read below my message from the [haiku-commits]
> for more details.
>
> Are there any ideas to solve the problem? Thanks.

I don't know, if your assessment is correct. Oliver can surely tell you how he
intended things to work. Your timing is a bit unfortunate, since he's on
vacation ATM, so he might not be able to reply as quickly as usual.

[...]
> ATM I'm trying to restore functionality of our
> makefile/Jamfile-engines. As I have understand the idea: I must include
> this "collecting" version of Catalog.h instead of defining
> B_COLLECTING_CATKEYS macro during preprocessing the source. But this is
> a bit difficult, because it is in private headers and is not available
> for typical user of makefile engine.

If this is the case, the header could be built into the tool that needs it.

CU, Ingo