[haiku-development] Re: 24 h change was (Re: Re: Small Time preflet patch)

Fredrik Modéen schrieb:
Quoting Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>:

Would it make sense to send a BMessage to all running apps when this
changes? This shouldn't be difficult to do via the roster, and
shouldn't affect compat since apps which don't recognize the message
will simply do nothing with it. This still leaves the issue of reading
the setting from disk when the app first starts but this could be
relocated to an API call.
+1

BRoster::Broadcast(BMessage *) was designed exactly for such needs.

Let's defined some (future) Locale Kit system messages:
B_LOCALE_TIME_FORMAT_CHANGED or similar, and let the receiving apps handle
this
notification by calling the (future) Locale Kit to get the new time
format.
For multicasting this notification, we always could add a
watch_locale_changes()
 API to the Locale Kit...

We don't really needs another notification system, as we already have one
simple
enough. The Input Device "kit" does it, for example. Subscriptions are
handled
by the kit itself (watch_input_devices()), why the (future) Locale Kit
can't as
well!?
Sound's good and more like BeOS :)

At wich point in time would it sound like HAIKU?
hmm sorry, couldn't resist   :)

Regards,
Julun