[openbeos-cdt] Re: What's going on here?

  • From: "Stuart McCoy" <stubear@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 08:01:08 -0400

I think everything has toned down a bit because the work has become work
instead of some sort of free-for-all art contest.  Until a name can be
chosen for the OS there is little reason to work on any of the other design
projects as they all depend on the name.  Even then, once a name is chosen,
an identity will follow before the icons, wallpaper and GUI elements can be
tackled.

To be honest, I've been a little disappointed in the turnout in the
discussions concerning the name.  Out of a forty some odd group, roughly a
quarter of the people participated in any meaningful way (including
submissions to the freelists mailing list).  However, this being a volunteer
project, you take what you can get.

I'm going to pass a list along to Michael with my recommendations for a name
and see what his comments are.  Hopefully by week's end I will know where
this group stands in relation to the work that needs to be done and those
who still wish to participate in this group will be given the opportunity to
contribute.