[openbeos-cdt] Re: What happened?

  • From: Nathan Callender <nathan_callender@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 06:35:59 -0800 (PST)

 Andrew ...
The forum has been WAY to slow and unreliable ... even for me (w/ a T1
connection).  My browser times out and it's taking phpbb around 10 seconds to
make 4 queries to the database.  If we are to sue the forum as a primary way to
communicate, it will have to be hosted on a fast (reliable) server.  Don't take
me wrong ... I love the forum and I post on it more than most people, but it's
getting way to slow.  I suggest that when we reorganize this group, we make it
a goal to find a better server for our forum, and we archive what's in the
forum now and start discussions over...
NateC (saffertan)
  Andrew Gildehaus <agildehaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm out of town for the weekend and come back only to find the group
bickering once again? This is nuts, folks.

I'm also rather confused as to why nobody's using the forum. I realize it
has its slow times, but it seems to be reliable enough for this group. Why
do we have 20 million messages here and only 374 on the forum? Why are 10
members of this group NOT EVEN SIGNED UP? I had thought the forum was our
primary form of communication. Do I need to take it down?

I suggest we stop all work, stop all the flaming and reorganize this group
from top to bottom. I think we should suggest to Michael that the creative
team be split up into seperate teams: an icon team, an advertising team, a
backgrounds team, a sounds team, etc ... each team having its own
leadership. I think this group has grown FAR to large for Guy to handle
alone and has FAR too many people with varying ideas on how things work.
Certainly these groups should communicate, as we cannot have anything
looking different from anything else, but I do believe we need to split up.

Any suggestions? And once again, please take this to the forum.

Andrew

Yahoo! Greetings - send greetings for Easter,  Passover