[openbeos-cdt] What happened?

  • From: "Andrew Gildehaus" <agildehaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 21:53:30 -0600

I'm out of town for the weekend and come back only to find the group
bickering once again?  This is nuts, folks.

I'm also rather confused as to why nobody's using the forum.  I realize it
has its slow times, but it seems to be reliable enough for this group.  Why
do we have 20 million messages here and only 374 on the forum?  Why are 10
members of this group NOT EVEN SIGNED UP?  I had thought the forum was our
primary form of communication.  Do I need to take it down?

I suggest we stop all work, stop all the flaming and reorganize this group
from top to bottom.  I think we should suggest to Michael that the creative
team be split up into seperate teams:  an icon team, an advertising team, a
backgrounds team, a sounds team, etc ... each team having its own
leadership.  I think this group has grown FAR to large for Guy to handle
alone and has FAR too many people with varying ideas on how things work.
Certainly these groups should communicate, as we cannot have anything
looking different from anything else, but I do believe we need to split up.

Any suggestions?  And once again, please take this to the forum.