[openbeos-cdt] Re: Web-Forum-Use?

  • From: Nathan Callender <nathan_callender@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 09:07:22 -0700 (PDT)

 Stuart ...
Freelists maintains a threaded archive of all the information on the list, so
new comers can look through that, and the rest of us don't have to save our
messages since there's an archive.  Plus, Freelists also has search tools to
search over the whole archive.  I would prefer using the mailing list until we
can find a way to make the forum faster because as it is now, it takes forever
to load the pages (and it's not my connection.  I have a T1 ... and at the
bottom of the forum, it tells how many queries to the database were done and
how long it took ... and it's ranging from 1-3 seconds each query ... not very
fast at all.)  I'm not bashing Andrew ... I think the forum's great.  It's just
that it's been too slow.
NateC
  Stuart McCoy <stubear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think the mailing list is a horrendous method for threaded discussions. I
have well over a thousand e-mails from the time I joined this group and
searching through them is not easy to do. Plus, if anyone new joins the
group how are they going to gain access to older discussions. I suggest
using the forum as much as possible.