[openbeos-cdt] Re: Some experiments

  • From: Eddy Groen <eddyspeeder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:10:31 +0100

2009/11/11 Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>

> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 5:45 PM, Eddy Groen <eddyspeeder@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > @Johan: the yellow color of the tab becomes a little faded in 2c. Was
> that
> > intentional or unintentional?
> Are you sure? I think it is just a trick of the eye because of the
> darker gradient on the window background. It looks like the same color
> to my eye.

Same background, same shapes, different colors (I'll come up with facts
2b) http://www.oljud.se/files/haiku/2b_semiflat_background.png
2c) http://www.oljud.se/files/haiku/2c_gradient_background.png

I've checked again, using a sheet of paper to cover up the different
gradients in window panes, and I still see the tab in 2c as a little
"faded". To answer Johan's question I initially thought it was less
saturation, but actually it's lighter because they have a bit more blue in
them. Taking the bottom-most yellow pixel line and the one-to-top yellow
line from the tab in the screenshots, the colors are:
2b) 255,204,3 (#ffcc03) and 255,230,133 (#ff3685)
2c) 255,205,67 (#ffcd43) and 255,231,146 (#ffe792)

 Maybe you are reading these emails too fast? :)

Whoops yeah I went straight for the eye candy in your email :-P
But it is well-compensated by extensively looking at images so that I see
color differences no one else sees.

Hmmm, you can't say you are running an experiment without giving details! :)
> Unless it is totally unrelated to this discussion. But I can't help
> but feel it might be related (like using Haiku as your only OS for a
> week or something.)

Haha! Hmmm after exclusively running Zeta at home until June, perhaps
someone else can take this job on him/her for a while? :-D Sadly with the
SPSS data analysis I must do, I must use either OSX or Windows.

Actually, it *is* totally unrelated. I wish I did haiku-related
experimentation. Instead, I'm doing cognitive psychology research. It is
called "sequence learning", a very fundamental and abstract way of measuring
human performance. I've been setting it up for about two months now and am
glad it finally runs now.