[openbeos-cdt] Re: Replicants

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 17:40:03 +0100

-- Stephan Assmus, on Sun, 15 Nov 2009 14:23:55 +0100:
> > I give you that. I don't know, can devs do anything when
> > implementing
> > Replicant support for a view? Maybe better use of transparency?
>
> Have you tried embedding the DeskCalc and ActivityMonitor replicants
> lately? I already solved this problem. ;-)

I do have an ActivityMonitor on the Desktop and it does look beautiful.
:)
Though it would be even better if its background would accept a dropped
transparent colour.

Maybe old apps like SoundPlay have to be changed to make better use of
transparency? Or does that work now automatically? I must admit I've
seen SoundPlay Replicants only on screenshots for some time. I hope Mr.
Nelissen dazzles us with a Haiku release of SoundPlay soon. I'd even do
again a "Register Me!". :)

> > * MOST importantly, but a Tracker issue: Tracker must not put files
> > under a replicant! Totally annoying.
>
> I already fixed this.

At least in r33939 Tracker still does it. Tracker seems to have
problems placing icons anyway at the moment. And with being stable...

> > * Moving replicants only does an outline of the cloned view.
> > Depending
> > on your background picture, this makes placing it difficult. Having
> > it
> > semi-transparent like a dragged ShowImage clipping would solve
> > that.
> >
> > * Resizing isn't possible. The Replicant handle could offer a
> > "Resize
> > Replicant" item which would resize the view from the bottom-right
> > corner.
> > I don't know, however, if there are some limitations here on how
> > the
> > Replicant technology works deep down.
>
> Both should be fixed, totally agreed. I don't think there is a
> technical
> limitation.

That's encouraging to hear!
[I hope you survived your moving without too much casualties. You've
been missed. :)]

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de