[openbeos-cdt] Re: Pick a name?!?

  • From: Jace <Jace@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 13:47:24 -0400

On 2002-05-06 at 13:52:52 [-0400], openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I will try to push Michael to make some decisions and make them
> fast but my hands are tied until he does pick a name.  On that, I
> have tried to get people in the CDT involved in this process b ut I
> have heard very little. In a group of 40+ people, only 7-9 have
> been active to any reasonable degree.  I find this disturbing and
> my guess is many of these people were in it because it sounded kewl
> not because thy had any experience in design or much interest in
> actually working.

I DO have interest in actually working.  I lost my email access for a few
weeks. I am back now.

> As for the web posting, I'll see if I can get Michael to remove the
> naming question from the OBOS site.  I agree that this shouldn't be
> a free for all with names being picked from random.  If you have
> any suggestions, however, please speak up.

I think we can use this community "spit" to gather words to think about. Though
I do not think we should hold a community vote to choose the actual name (bad).
 Only problem is that there are a buttload of joke submissions to wade through
and other unusable things.

-Jace