[openbeos-cdt] Pick a name?!?

  • From: Kristof Polleunis aka BeAdingo <kristof_polleunis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 08:41:51 -0700 (PDT)

What the f'ck is going on here. Two weeks of silence
and  now this, now the entire community is suggesting
names at random!  Real professionalism this is.  I'm
starting to get tired of working this way.  Stuart
I'm considering resigning from the CDT-team.  All of
suggestions and work send to this mailinglist is
being thrown out the window.

What's the point of chosing names at random??? There's
no point, it only makes the process harder. Now we
have to screen all these names forcopyrights, check if
the domains are taken, verify if they have no
insulting meaning... etc.

A hundred times at least I pointed out the reasons
for setting up some rules when choosing names.  What
to avoid, what to take in account when a choice is
made etc?  So why are we starting over and over again,
just to find out what we already now???

What's next?  Submit your logo or your icons?  I start
to wonder why we have CDT at all.  I'm not saying the
community should not be involved, they should but not
like this.

Stuart I want some info here:

- Why is this published on the OBOS site and why
aren't we told about this?
- I'd like to know what your plans are for our team,
so I can decide whether it's worthwile for me to
participate or not in the future.

- Why is there no communication here?

Kristof aka BeAdingo

Do You Yahoo!?