[openbeos-cdt] OBOS forum

  • From: "Stuart McCoy" <stubear@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 00:11:16 -0400

It's been a while and there is still some controversy over the name but the
forum is back online thanks to the efforts of Andrew.  When registering for
the forums please fill out all the information as it would be nice to know a
bit about each group member and have a way to contact each other.  Use an
e-mail address that you will read frequently as I will most likely use it to
contact you individually should the need arise.  If you don't have a home
page don't worry.  If you do, don't be shy, show us your work.

Speaking of the forums and the name, there is a section devoted specifically
to this topic.  Give us your thoughts on the names suggested on the OBOS
project site as well as any more you might have.  I'll be using the Voting
Booth in this section to aid in the filtering process.  As for how the name
will be chose, that's still up in the air but it will involve a vote from
the community at some point (not just the CDT).  You are more than welcome
to share your thoughts on this process as well.

The Brainstorming section is for just that.  There are sections for each
major bit of work we will be doing in this group.  Use this for
brainstorming of ideas only.  The Gallery is for submitting work you feel is
ready for review.  Discuss the work itself here in this section and keep on
topic.  As with the Brainstorming forum, there is a section in the Gallery
forum for each major bit of work we will be doing.

Comments, suggestions on ways to improve the forum or general rants have
their own section in the General Announcements forum.  Anything goes here
but please play nice.  Let's not have any international incident started
here  ;)

Without further adieu, the forum can be reached here:
http://creative.beunited.org/forums/index.php

That's it for now.  Please register as soon as possible even if you don't
plan to post anything soon.  I would like to see how big this group has
become and start finding ways to put your efforts to good use.

Stuart McCoy
stubear@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.meltingcrayons.com/stubear