[openbeos-cdt] Re: Names and IRC chat

  • From: "Jace" <jace@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 14:17:44 -0500

I'm trying to get a BeOS client, just in case they've been updated enough to be
useful... I'm trying EasyIRC...  I'll try to be there at 8pm EST tonight.  I
certainly agree with the silliness of everyone having a million IM accounts on
differing services... That's why I took to Jabber... run one client at a time
:) Anyway, hope to see you tonight on IRC.
-Jace

>Speaking of names, I would like to suggest we meet on IRC
>(irc.openprojects.net, #obos-cdt) Thursday evening around 8pm EST and Monday
>around 2pm EST for those not in the US.  I'm no time zone whiz so you'll
>have to figure out the time in your area.  I'm in Boston, the Eastern Time
>Zone in the US if that helps any.  If any of you want to chat amongst
>yourselves at other times, by all means do so but this could bring the group
>together to discuss the names they have to date.
>
>Jace, I know you don't like the IRC clients on BeOS but the reason for
>suggesting IRC is because EVERYONE can get an IRC client and NO ONE needs to
>have an account with multiple IM clients.  I only use Windows Messenger and
>I know they don't make a BeOS client and I don't want to force people to
>have to get a Hotmail account.  Likewise I don't want to have to get an AIM
>account if I can help it.  IRC solves most of these issues.  It's the
>Switzerland of IM clients.

This message was sent with the demo version of Postmaster, a BeOS mail client.
For more information, please visit http://kennyc.com/postmaster