[openbeos-cdt] Re: Names

  • From: "Eckard Riedenklau" <eckard.riedenklau@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 01:36:23 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stuart McCoy" <stubear@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 1:26 AM
Subject: [openbeos-cdt] Re: Names

> This is supposed to be the name of the OS itself.  At a later date we
> perhaps ruminate on the naming of the seperate elements of the OS but much
> like the look of the OS being derived from the identity, the names of the
> core components should be derived from the name of the OS itself.

Do you really think of renaming the OS? I think we should stick to
"OpenBeOS" becouse people can re-recognize the good old BeOS.
I will still know that OpenBeOS has a new name. But what about all the other
BeOS user who even have not heared about OBOS? How will they know that XY is
the new BeOS?

> By the way, what about "Elemental" as a name?

Sounds good. I like it. But the user could think that it is only an
elemental OS and doesn't have many abilities...
And (already said) think about the worth of re-recognition.

Greetings Eckard