[openbeos-cdt] Re: Names

  • From: Rob Jones <senojbor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 16:22:46 +0100 (BST)

I do not think I can make it for the IRC discussion so
here is another idea for an approach to naming. What
about "dances", espescially "latin" ones like Salsa,
Merengue (sorry about the spelling!), Bossa Nova and
Tango? They are evocative of passion and grace and are
widely recognised words.

Or, perhaps more relevant to the "nature" of the
system something like "Sage",  "Adept", "Artisan",
"Virtuoso", "Mentor" or "Maestro". Perhaps none of
these would do, but you get the idea. I was just
browsing in the thesaurus!

Or there is Spanish which has contributed many
mellifluous words to modern English like sierra, pinto
and fiesta(all used for Ford cars), canyon, dollar,
amigo (frequently used in slang), and many others.
Perhaps a Spanish speaker could come up with something appropriate.

=====
regards
Rob

http://uk.my.yahoo.com