[openbeos-cdt] Name

  • From: "Guy" <mul_m7m@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 22:24:07 +0200

i think that changing the name (i mean going in a non-beos direction,or
obos..) will have very a negative outcome, i think many people will not have
the 'emotional' baggage when the name will caught their eye,

i think there's a need for a name that is in some way related with beos. -
when considering this point of view, BlueOS is a great name, it reminds me
of the original very much. i think this is not just a random effort to write
an os, is an effort to rewrite something, and unlike other things, in the
name section, we need to try to resamble the original as much as possible.

i am aware of the legal problems we might have, so i think we should think
more in the direction of media inspired names.. im not exactly sure what,
but we can always call it *MediaOS? (i dont think Be Inc had this