[openbeos-cdt] Re: Comments on Nicholas Blachford's Photoshop work

  • From: Eddy Groen <eddyspeeder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 18:38:35 +0100

There's a lot of discussion about curved window decors or just curved tabs.
Also, there are recent mockups about adding gradients to tabs.

That got me wondering... is the "yellowTAB" window decor long forgotten?
http://mobile.osnews.com/img/17518/apps.png

Honestly, this is a decor style I still really enjoy after years of working
with it. It has both very subtle curves and a gradient. Its colors are also
more subtle than the earlier "MenloTab" decor (or "Menlo" which had a yellow
border going around the entire window... eeek!)
(to demonstrate, this is MenloTab:
http://www.os-museum.com/qemuonwin/qowzetaneo/qznnetpositive.jpg )

The yellowTAB decor was made by Frans van Nispen IIRC.

Eddy