[openbeos-cdt] Re: Close window button

  • From: Johan Aires Rastén <johan@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 07:37:23 +0100

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 12:26 AM, Braden Ewing <brewin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 12:17 AM, Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Mockup with solid background:
> http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/8093/haikumockupclean.png

It's a pretty cool mockup!

I agree with what Leavengood said.

If both square and X are used, maybe the square should be slightly
smaller (same size as big box in right icon perhaps) and the X larger.
That way it could symbolize a crossed over window. A square that
becomes crossed over on hover would make sense, but I don't think it
solves the problem if one needs a button that closes something on a
toolbar. I think a small X inside the box looks even more like a
checkbox even if the Haiku ones would change, as people will have seen
the [X]-kind in other places.

The glossy tab looks kinda nice and certainly makes it pop out a
little. However I'm not sure it this is right for a tab, as they're
usually a thin piece of paper attached to something rather something
thicker (real world I mean). I also like the look when the tab blends
seamlessly with the window background/border but that might be a
matter of taste (though I think the reason is that I want to clearly
see what the tab is attached to). Maybe if the lower color, at least
on a grey window, were that of the window frame and the shine was made
slightly brighter?

Either way I think the shine would fit really well on buttons. Maybe
you could try sticking it on some for your next mockup?

//Johan