[openbeos-cdt] Re: Close window button

  • From: Braden Ewing <brewin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 17:26:54 -0600

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 12:17 AM, Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> I think the look of the close button is a non-issue. If anyone mistakes
> it with a checkbox, with "x" he will mistake it for a marked
> checkbox... :)
> Further decoration would mainly add noise to a widget that is pevalent
> and constantly used without thought. <http://www.haiku-gazette.de>

I agree with you that it's not much of an issue. Nevertheless, I made a
mockup that attempts to address some of the design issues discussed over the
last few days including the close button. I've added a very subtle X to the
button. I've also added shadows, put check marks in the checkboxes to
distinguish them from the close window button, and made the leaf green so it
looks less like a feather. This is mostly a product of boredom, but I
thought I might as well share it.

Original unmodified for comparison:
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2936/haikuoriginal.png

Mockup with solid background:
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/8093/haikumockupclean.png

Mockup with colorful background:
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2308/haikumockup.png

The background in the last one is a Photoshopped picture of Haiku Valley on
the island of Oahu. I saw a tv show about Interstate H-3 which goes through
Haiku Valley and I thought it would make a cool background for Haiku R1.

Background:
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/7855/bg1n.png

Regards,
Braden