[openbeos-cdt] Re: Border for resizing (was: Re: Areas of interest for CDT)

  • From: Truls Becken <truls.becken@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 18:11:08 +0100

Humdinger wrote:

> The keycombo for twitcher was discussed recently in another thread.

I know, but it could be seen in connection with ALT+LMB/RMB, which is
a topic of this thread.

> COMMAND+anykey is already associated with shortcuts in the active
> application. So, I can't see that happen.

The command key is used for application shortcuts in Mac OS X as well.
Using CMD+tab, CMD+` and CMD+number for window/workspace handling is
not a problem there.

> But maybe OPT would be okay after all. Used for window-management
> and a few global shortcuts (e.g. the mentioned Find panel and
> QuickAppLauncher (as Gnome Do). Workspace switching could then be
> OPT+Fx, OPT+Cursor and with OPT+° (key under ESC) jump between
> two Workspaces, which is now pressing COMMAND+° twice(!).

I think the reason why you have to press that key twice is that your
keyboard layout has dead keys. On a US keyboard you press CMD+` only
once.

-Truls