[haiku-cdt] Re: Border for resizing

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 15:47:08 -0500

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 3:17 PM, Michael Weirauch <dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Perhaps we can wait until Ryan comes up with a solution. Allthough I see
> little chance for a quickly working RMB-combo as Ryan mentions some
> issues wrt windows always resizing from bottom-right currently.

To properly support resizing based on the keyboard modifier plus left
mouse button on the border, the ability to resize from any corner and
any side needs to be implemented anyway. So adding the right mouse
trick wouldn't be much more work (just a simple calculation to
determine in which quadrant of the window the mouse is in to determine
the resize corner to be used.)

Of course implementing this trick would remove the current behavior on
modifier + RMB, which is to move the window to back. Also in a quick
test of my Ubuntu machine Alt + RMB inside the window did not resize
but opened the window context menu.

I'm starting to wonder if resizing is really that common of a behavior
to need this feature. In general I would keep the move to back
behavior.

--
Regards,
Ryan