[haiku-cdt] Re: Border for resizing

  • From: Michael Weirauch <dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:43:24 +0100

2009/11/23 Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hello!
>
> I'd like to continue the discussion on resizing windows with
> CTRL+ALT+click-on-border, analog to the existing CTRL+ALT+click-
> anywhere for moving.

As there seem to be concers about the clickability of the (thin)
borders, just make the window resize on RMB-drag (additionally).
The "overlay" would be an additional visual guidance on where to click,
but isn't yet necessary making the resizing work.

> -- Humdinger, on Fri, 13 Nov 2009 21:00:58 +0100:
>> Whatever the shortcut key, the function itself is good IMO, and
[...]

CTRL+ALT is still a pain. I can just underline, that if you wan't
people to be productive with their keyboard, make sure they
are able to be so for a long time. It's way easier to just tap
ALT with the thumb and do the rest with the mouse. (Like in GNOME)
But the modifier discussion seems to be a huge topic on itself.

[...]

Michael