[haiku-cdt] Re: Border for resizing

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 23:30:37 +0100

-- Ryan Leavengood, on Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:19:28 -0500:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 5:00 PM, Truls Becken <truls.becken@xxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> >
> > You can have both if you distinguish between clicking and dragging.
> > Send to back would have to happen on mouse-up rather than mouse-
> > down,
> > though.
>
> That would probably work. But it sounds like it could be confusing. I
> guess I'd have to implement it and see it in action.

I think that's a pretty good idea. Of course, it has to be on mouse-up
anywhere you send a window to back, i.e. also when right-clicking the
tab. It could take a bit of getting used to, but IMO you probably
wouldn't even notice the difference, as you normally click really
quickly to send to back.
You'll only notice when holding the mouse button for a while. Which
could even be an advantage: Say you're about to right-click and in the
last moment discover something interesting in that window. You can
delay the mouse-up until you've read it or something.
Similar to the close and size buttons in the tab, really.

I like it!

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de