[openbeos-cdt] Areas of interest for CDT

  • From: Johan Aires Rastén <johan@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 10:19:38 +0100

To get the discussions started, here are some areas I think the CDT
could be active within.

1. Usability. To understand what the user wants and how they easiest
achieve that. Workflow analysis might help to increase efficiency.

2. User friendliness. How information is presented to the users.
Includes making the basics easily understandable for beginners,
providing enough information to intermediate users so they don't have
to look up stuff in the manual constantly and not getting in the face
of experienced users.

3. Aesthetics. Everything that doesn't have any other purpose than
making Haiku more beautiful. Of course it's a lot of personal
preferences involved but I'm sure there are lots of things everybody
would agree makes the OS look better.

4. Consistency. Not the least important but I'd say it applies to all the above.

I think it's important that these areas are clearly defined when
discussing ideas, as it will be easier to see the purpose and effects
of proposed changes. It could also help when trying to convince
someone who believes everything related to interfaces is just
meaningless eye-candy :)